Monday 12 October 2015

REVIEW - Paradise Forbidden by Natalie E Wrye - REVIEWED BY LOUISE


The Blurb

When Trevor Cassidy steps foot on a bus to "Nowhere," Tennessee, he boards with a singular purpose: to leave the life he led behind

A desolate girl on the ride catches his eye, but he wants almost nothing to do with the ten-foot invisible wall that she's built around herself. 

But when calamity strikes deep inside the Tennessee forest, Trevor and the lonely girl, Kat, must learn to trust each other if they want to make it back to civilization intact. 

Breaking down Kat's walls will prove to be the hardest thing Trevor's ever done, and on top of that...she's hiding something: something that may threaten their very existence, their dwindling survival. 

But how does Trevor uncover Kat's hidden agenda without bringing his own to light? 

___ 

***NOTE #1: This is a 63,000-word, stand-alone novel with sexual and adult themes that may not be appropriate for readers under the age of 17. 

***NOTE #2: A large part of this story involves mystery and secrecy. I would love and appreciate it so much if readers could avoid spoilers in reviews and review headlines, so that others will be able to enjoy the mysterious elements of this story.

Review

This was a rather unusual read, I can't really explain why without giving spoilers which I don't do.  For me personally it wasn't quite a 5 star read and I can't really quite put my finger on why.  I think it's because I didn't really connect with the characters like I normally do.  

Kat and Trevor are both running away from something on the bus to "nowhere".  They both have secrets that they choose to keep closely guarded.  Until something terrible happens and they both have to trust eachother.  How can you trust someone you know nothing about and who doesn't trust themselves?

Truths come to light and the twists and turns will surprise you no end.

An interesting unusual read.  

**I was gifted an arc for my honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment