Saturday 29 August 2015

REVIEW TOUR - Right Click Love and Dear Diary by M.B.Feeney - REVIEWED BY LOUISE


MB Feeney

AUTHOR OF 4 BOOKS AND 1 NOVELLA.
GENRES RANGE FROM MILITARY FICTION TO CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
4.6 STAR RATING ON AMAZON
4.6 RATING ON GOODREADS




Original Publication Date: Dec 10, 2014


Disheartened about not being able to find “Mr. Right” on the London dating scene, best friends Jodie Lynch and Louise Hewson create a blog to not only document their disastrous dates with the numerous “Mr. Wrongs” and “Mr. Okay-for-nows” but also to help those going through the same experiences and to see where they’re going wrong. How will they deal with everything the dating scene has to throw at them — planned or otherwise?


Conversation Two:

Me: *looks at his sticker* “Hi, John.”

John: *mumbles* “Hi.”

M: “So, tell me about yourself . . .”

J: “Um . . . I’m thirty, I work in the city . . .” *takes nervous sip from his bottle of poncy beer*

M: “That’s . . . er . . . nice.” *gulp* “So, you live local?”

J: “Not too far. Me and mum co-own a house about ten minutes away.” *alarm bells*

M: “Oh . . . that’s great.”

J: “Er . . . so, what do you do for a living?”

M: “I’m a legal secretary.” *tumbleweeds*

At this point I’d given up the will to live and knocked back almost a whole large glass of wine. We sat in silence until the bell rang again.



*I was gifted a copy in exchange for a honest review*

Right Click Love is the story of two best friends trying to find their "perfect man". After so many years of searching and trying lots of different angles like speed dating and internet dating they start a blog to chart their dates and progress.

It's a lovely short book that is very true to life, I don't believe you can go looking for love I believe you have to wait for it to find you when the time is right.

I love that one of the characters has the same name as me, usually they have really unusual names so to find one with a normal plain name was a change.

A lovely short lighthearted read about love.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





Original Publication Date: May 24, 2015


Born and bred in the UK, Holly is getting the chance of a lifetime—six weeks abroad. The Kings, a host family in the US, have invited her to stay with them and get a chance to experience life as an American. When she discovers that the King family includes two teenage boys, will she be glad she came or ready to hightail it back across the pond?


April 2012

Dear Diary,

You know in the movies, when a girl is met off her flight by a hot guy holding up a sign with her name on it? Well, only I could miss it when it actually happens to me. That'll teach me to look at my iPod when I walk into arrivals. There I was, the last one left waiting, feeling a bit lost when this guy taps me on the shoulder. He was fucking HUGE! I nearly peed myself and ran away—until I saw the sign in his hands. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

So . . . Tyler King . . . is fucking BEAUTIFUL! There is simply no other way to describe him. He's gorgeous, in that big, brawny rugby player kind of way. His hair glows like a bloody neon sign saying "Hey girls, look at me" it's so pale. I've never actually seen anyone with white-blond hair outside of a magazine before. Then there are his eyes . . . My knees may have actually weakened slightly. They were beautifully wide and ice blue, almost colourless, but not in a creepy way. When he looked at me it was like he could see right into my soul. Urgh, corny much?

He grabbed my case as if it were lighter than paper, while laughing at me. His voice was all deep and rumbly. I have to admit, my girly bits tingled a little.

Maybe I can make the most of these six weeks.

Sitting in his beast of a car was kind of awkward. He chatted away to me, mainly taking the piss out of my accent and my height. He actually called me dinky! The cheek of it. Then he told me all about the school I’ll be going to, giving me the lowdown on all the teachers and stuff like that. I really didn't know what to say without sounding like a total airhead. Eventually I stopped even trying to respond to him and spent the rest of the drive gazing at him sneakily out of the corner of my eye while he bopped his head to a song I've never heard of.

We arrived at his huge house. When I say huge, I mean it was like a fucking palace, especially compared to our crappy three bedrooms back home. The King house is all white and postcard worthy. The inside is just as amazing, like something out of that American makeover show where they rebuild houses from scratch, and I cry every single time I watch it.


*I was gifted a copy in exchange for a honest review*

Dear Diary is a story of British girl Holly who gets a chance to go and live in the USA for 6 weeks with the King family.  A chance of a lifetime which has the potential to change her life forever......

When she discovers the Kings have two teenage boys she realises this experience will be more different to what she thought.

Finding herself with some difficult decisions Holly has to make the choice...

This book is a short one but it has a lovely story, I found myself just sitting there devouring it in a short space of time.  

Sweet read with a lovely ending which I won't spoil.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 comment: