Friday 31 July 2015

An Interview with Kat Barrett in aid of the SINsational Siren Showcase event

An Interview with Kat Barrett by Roses & Violets Book Reviews


A little bit about Kat - 
Kat Barrett lives in her small Connecticut home with her husband of many years. She spends much of her time in artistic pursuits, writing or doing artwork. 
Kat is involved with Basenji rescue, but loves all animals. She tries to help out whenever she can. Her dogs Taz, Ashle, and Chipper although gone now, will always hold a place in her heart. 
She is grateful for her family, friends, and her fans, and wishes to thank them all for their support. You can find more information about Kat and her books on her website.
Please check out her webpage, http://www.tazariansaga.com


I asked on facebook for people to give me some questions I could ask in Interviews and they obliged readily.  Some were a little unusual to say the least.  I asked Kat these questions.........

Me - What inspires/inspired you to write?

Kat - I always loved writing when I was younger. fourteen years ago I was informed that I had a shattered disk in my neck and I needed immediate surgery. The first night I was home I had a wild and very vivid dream and with 8 weeks ahead in a neck collar, having to watch everything I did, I started to write to pass the time. Now I write simply because I love doing it.
Me - What’s the hardest part of being a writer?
Kat - The hardest part for me is finding the time to write. I'm really bad with distractions and like quiet.
Me - If you could write with anyone who would it be and why?
Kat - Anne Rice, Steven King and Anne Mccaffrey because I love their books.
Me - How do you get the names for your characters?
Kat - I love unusual names and often they pop into my head and just sound right. I often have the names before the story even starts to write itself. I have also been known to look up baby names on the internet.
Me - Have you ever met someone in real life that inspired a character in one of your books? If so what was it that inspired you about them?
Kat - Yes, although I think this question might get me in trouble. A man came into where I worked and I absolutely melted the minute he looked at me. When he came back a week later to ask me out I made sure he saw my wedding ring and said no, but he was serious daydream/writing material.

Me - Have you ever given someone you don’t like a role in your book just to kill them off? Or would you like to?
Kat - No, but now that you mention it, I have the perfect person in mind to do just that.
Me - Do you listen to music while writing? Do you listen to different types depending on the sort of scene you are writing?
Kat - Occasionally, but mostly it's the television or my husband watching U-tube videos.
Me - How did you feel getting your first 5 star review?
Kat - I was on top of the world. It is such a wonderful feeling to get a well written review and know someone really enjoyed what I wrote.
Me - If you have gotten a 1 star review did you feel like stabbing them in the eye with a fork?
Kat - LOL I think the lowest one ever was a 3. I was angry not because of the low stars but because they gave the entire plot of the book away. I don't know about the fork, but I do have a medieval sword I would like to try out.
Me - Are you a supporter of no undie Sunday?
Kat - I can't say I am. I'm not a big fan of having fabric bunched up in the crack of my well rounded ass.
Me - Do your family know you write the genre you write?
Kat - Yes. I'm a glutton for simple shock value of the "Oh," expression on people's faces when I say erotic romance.
Me - Is there a genre you don’t yet write in that you would like to?
Kat - I'm giving some serious though to writing a real life drama with the names changed to protect the innocent. I'm currently trying to finish the seventh book in my Wild Angels series first.  
Thankyou very much to Kat Barrett for answering my unusual strange questions. This was actually my first ever interview.
If you feel like checking out Kat's books take a nosey at her Amazon page  
Or if you feel like stalking her Facebook page she could actually do with a few new likes!! 
Kat Barrett is one of the Erotica authors participating in the SINsational Siren Showcase event on facebook EVENT PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment